Being an engineer, I offer you the perspective that you've gone from
glowing tubes (a beautiful sight) to what I refer to as an SDR with twiddly
bits.   Being an SDR it's easy to brick it.  Sounds like you're well on
your way down the Elecraft path and trust me, you will enjoy the journey.

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:01 AM Tommy Judson via Elecraft <
elecraft@mailman.qth.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Significant phrase - glutton for punishment - written by a respondent.
>  Being an engineer I’ve sometimes regretted taking on a project or two
> because of thinking I could fix just about anything.
>
> The manuals will be with the radio so will dig through them for a guide
> when the package arrives before doing anything else.  Looked on the company
> website and there seems to be complete info on each of their products too.
> Also have Cady’s book The Elecraft KX Line that I’ve been reading and find
> it is chock full of good info.
>
> Think I’m in for an awakening - the last rig or two I owned had 6146
> finals with 807 modulators driving a pair of 500 Z's in a hot box.  The KX
> 3 is most likely about the same size as one of those tubes.
>
> Thank you to those who replied to my first post.
>
> 73, Tommy

> Message delivered to r...@wc3t.us

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*