Don’t guess, look it up.

Q. What equipment at our Field Day site must be operated off of the emergency
power in order to claim the 100-point per transmitter bonus?

A. You must operate all transmitting and receiving equipment from emergency
power. If you use a computer for digital modes, and/or to control or operate
the radio, it also must use emergency power. If the computer is used only for
logging and is not keying the transmitter, it does not need to be emergency
powered.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2019/2019-FD-FAQ-RevA.pdf\
<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2019/2019-FD-FAQ-RevA.pdf%5C>

Also, batteries may be charged from commercial power, just not during Field Day
operation. It does make sense to get a simple charger if you are going to buy a
big battery.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood