Rich may have a very good reason. I also use that setting. My shack is a nice
shed in the back yard. When my wife or daughter come out while I am operating
with headphones on, the sound fro the speaker lets them know that I cannot hear
them. They know to wait until I finish the current QSO, then I will stop to
talk.

So, there are good reasons. The down side? Since switching to a CM500 headset I
haven’t been able to get a good setting on the antivox to keep from tripping
the micro[hone, so I now have to use foot switch PTT. I’ll get that going in
the near future. It was not a problem this weekend in wax…

73!
Jack, W6FB