Sorry Rich that I did not explain it well, kinda rushed here...
There is a + - toggle (by tapping 1 in that menu) to change the sense for the phones socket switch. We had a change in suppliers for that socket and it went from being open or grounded sense when the phones are plugged in depending on the vintage of the KIO3-Audio board phones socket. If in the wrong position, you can restore audio by setting spkr+ph to Yes but the rest of the audio gets all fubar. So when I corrected the +-, there was no need to set to Yes, so I set to no assuming you had set to yes to get audio. Confusing enough? hi hi ( there is more info in the K3 Utility Firmware notes). You are welcome to set to yes or no as you like, just don't tap 1 in that menu or you may have to change it back. *** Also depending on the vintage of radio Front Panel, if you do a reset (EE INIT) it may get toggled wrong. In any case, the test (which I do at checkout) is to set spkr+ph to NO and if the audio goes away (with no phones plugged in), I set the toggle correctly. I saved your config after checkout, so the toggle "should" get saved in that.
Keith WE6R Elecraft K3 Tech.