Here's what happens to me.

I train KPA1500 ATU at center of each frequency bin across a ham band. I
transmit in one bin and KPA1500 output is say 1350 watts.. I transmit in
another bin and KPA1500 output is above 1500 watts. I have to keep
adjusting K3 power as I move around band. A bother and nuisance.

Clearly KPA 1500 knows K3 frequency, either via Aux cable or sense. Either
way KPA1500 knows what ATU bin to use.

If KPA1500 is Operate, then it tells K3 to use last power, say 30 watts, I
selected for KPA1500 Operate for whatever band is in use.

If KPA1500 is Standby, then it tells K3 to use last power, say 100 watts, I
selected for KPA1500 Standby for whatever band is in use.

KPA1500 remembers and tells K3 what power to use per band. Since KPA1500
"knows" if I'm in OPR or STBY and what bin I'm in, it would sure be nice if
it could remember and command K3 power appropriately.

Contest, Cope Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX