From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of STEPHEN R ZUMBRUN
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 16:39
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA1500 Power Supply Fan Noise

Hello, all and Happy Field Day. Say I just wanted to comment about Elecraft
service and the help they provided me to make a mod to my KPA1500. My
KPA1500 power supply fan was rather noisy. I had seen discussion on the
reflector about this so I contacted Doug at Elecraft service. He ask if I
could solder.  I informed him I could and he sent me a new 22 ohm, 3 watt
resistor and i swapped it out with the 10 ohm, 3 watt resistor on the LED
board of the power supply. I am much pleased with the sound of the power
supply fan now after the modification. My amp is an early serial number and
the new amps come with the 22 ohm resistor on the LED board. So...if your
power supply is a bit noisy you might consider this mod and contact Doug at
Elecraft Service. The Elecraft part number of the resistor is E500128. 73,
Steve W0SZ.

delivered to ex...@comcast.net