I'm always bemused when a completely
unexpected series of profoundly affecting
variables, none of which are from internal
causes, make themselves a factor in
development and construction, appear and
globally interfere with design,
production, and supply. This fluid state
appears while a specific completion date
and time was never assured of, & in
subsequent conversations with advance
purchasers.

As there was never a promised date, there
is a Pandemic where over 100,000 people in
the USA alone have already died,
Manufacturing globally has taken a real
hit, transportation has taken a major
blow. I had a USPS 2 day package shipped
from Michigan on Sat 11 and it is nor the
16th & tracking shows it just left
Michigan on route to CT. It may be here on
Saturday. That'll be a 6 day delivery with
a 2 day promise. That same kind of delay
is happening to the construction of the K4
and any new components are also affected
in this way. There is no other choice and
I want it And I want It Now pressure
doesn't do anything but waste everyone's
time. It has zero rate on accelerating
production and if anything, detracts from
the focus from the principals.

All this takes me back to the bemusement I
get when reading such comments. Do they
really believe in this arena it will move
anything along faster, and if the company
indeed did rush to complete while not
having sufficient components in, on time,
that it would behove the production run in
any way whatsoever?

Good friends, chill, this is an
unprecedented time and Elecraft is moving
along in the best way to give the best
product they can do. We'll have our little
beauties when they're vetted and
competent. Till then, chill, practice some
CW Check the antenna connections stop
thinking of it should have been here by
now, because it was never promised to be
here by now. Things are moving forward
nicely.

And yes, I dropped the full deposit for a
K4D and am aware I'll have to wait for the
HD module to be created. I'm, metal
detecting, digitizing my stereo collection
and enjoying the Yamaha on nice days.
Elecraft is doing their job, and I'm doing
mine.

73,

Gary
KA1J