Thanks, Rich.  "All industries are equal, but some are more equal than
others."

I'm amazed at the folks that seem to think that ham radio equipment is
even on the radar of anybody's 'essential' industry.

What's even weirder, is that if you ask anyone to make up a list of
'essential' industries, it would look like no one else's list, ever.

It seems that the industries that have the deepest pockets and the most
to lose (all at the same time, it seems) are the only ones getting
parts.  All the small players are going begging.

The major automotive OEMs (billions of dollars/yr in sales) have been
back in production now for several weeks.  Consider that the average
vehicle these days has over 30K parts, and then try to figure out why
small businesses like Elecraft can't get the parts they need to go back
into production.

It's not that the parts aren't available, it's that the parts went
SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Even the automotive OEM's have occasionally had to take a back seat to
other manufacturers when it comes to electronics, especially the
computer and cell phone guys.  In the race to source microprocessor
parts, there is a definite pecking order, based on volume and pricing
and demand.  If you sell a billion cell phones a year, guess who gets
first pick?

Sorry to bust everyone's bubble, but ham radio is really not that
important, in the great industry wheel of things.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE