No antenna has, at any time, anywhere in any of our lifetimes, been "tuned" by an "antenna tuner."  So called antenna tuners are 2-port impedance matching networks ... all of them ... and their job is to match the impedance on one port to another impedance on the second port, period.  Nothing gets "tuned."  They come in a variety of flavors ... a pair of push-pull 807's with a resonant tank and a link feed to the antenna on open wire line is one.  Everything that happens on the feed line [regardless of it's construction] is the sole result of the complex impedance at the antenna feed point and the characteristic impedance of the feedline.  No magic.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
"Captain Obvious"
Sparks NV DM09dn