Kent Tannery wrote:
Can someone tell me the "official" definition of QRP Power Level? Is it 5 watts for voice and CW modes? I notice that many contests have a QRP class but they do not define QRP power and I cannot find it on ARRL site.
The definition is a firm maximum from the transmitter of 5 watts on CW at the antenna terminal. For SSB it has been calculated that a average of 5 watts will be the same as 10 watts read on a peak reading meter. I checked my FT-817 and it does just about 10 watts on my MFJ peak reading power meter in my MFJ-969 antenna tuner.

73 Karl

 Thanks,
  Kent
  KD5SHM