It seems to me to only be a scam if the email is trying to sell
something beyond reason, probing for bank/credit card account numbers,
or seeking personal information unrelated to amateur radio.  Whether it
is of interest to the recipient or not does not automatically make
something a scam.

I'd not heard of the group before.  I think I'll check them out.
Thanks!

73, Nate, N0NB

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB