Hello Arie

My K2 was a few serial numbers before yours.

The layers in my kit were:

The LCD:

Polarizer (remove this and it is ruined)
Glass
Liquid Crystal stuff
Glass substrate with lots of pins
Transflective Layer (looks a bit like metal foil - don't mess with it)

The Back Light:

Thin milky film half stuck to clear plastic diffuser, kind of wrinkled
Clear plastic diffuser with LEDs stuck to it
Thick white material (not attached well, but it is important to leave it on
there)

I tried to straighten out the milky film but it only got worse, so I
decided to leave it off.  My guess is that it might help even out the light
if you leave it on, but I didn't want to look at the wrinkles forever.
I figure it was in there to prevent scratches - but I could be wrong.
I wonder how many encountered this?

Michael, AB9GV