https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cui-devices/SJ1-43502PM/CP-SJ1-43502PM-ND/5130707

It may not be correct, but IF sizes use "standard" nuts... M7x0.75 ? someplace to start?

73, steve

On 8/28/20 7:24 PM, Rich NE1EE wrote:
It is easy to cross thread nuts and screws this way. IME, machine threads...which is likely what
you have here...either work or they don't. You should be able to get at least 2 clean, easy
rotations. And that is for a nut that is going on a bolt/stud that will not stand proud of the nut
when it is tight. That likely applies to many of the screws and nuts in the Elecraft equipment.
Folks who "think" that they have a good match and that the nut just needs to be
"tightened" wind up cross threading, and then you be lucky a) get the nut off, and b) get
the correct one to fit. This works for all sizes...right up to, and past, engine block studs and
nuts. (Experience.) Many are the times that I have wrapped my hand around a manifold, to a stud I
can't see, and gently rotated the nut until I was sure that I had a proper fit.

Now...back to the KX3...this comes as a kit, yes? Then perhaps the kit manual
calls out the nut size.

On 2020-08-28 13:34:-0700, Mooneer Salem wrote:
Tried some normal 1/4"-20 hex nuts from Lowe's too (much too thick mind you,
but should at least confirm if the diameter/TPI are correct) and no such luck.�

Interestingly, I took off the nut from a spare SMA pigtail and it was able to
mate it with the microphone connector. However, I couldn't rotate it past 1/2
turn or so and I didn't want to force it with tools and potentially damage the
jack. If it was the correct size, I'd have been able to tighten it much further
by hand, right?

-Mooneer K6AQ

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM hawley, charles j jr