Bill, ok on that, yes more electronic amplifiers especially use a swr limit to protect against the high voltages

generated at high swr. Sometimes you are better off using a robust manual tuner made for the job external to the amp.

High swr between a remote balun and atu at amp, will emphasis balun heating loss as the signal passes the feedline length many times before

totally dissipating in the coax loss & balun core,some as heat loss, and some as desired induced balun current to antenna radiated RF.

Ladder line back to a close-by matchbox, which can handle KV, close to amp, would give best power efficiency, as ladder line has minimal feedline loss.

I would be using a manual ext tuner with this type of antenna, also taking away risk of damaging the amp.