What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 notoriously has a massive
problem with WSJT-X, JS8CALL, and some other programs that use similar
routines to poll the sound devices. For YEARS, I couldn't use WSJT-X
normally, because while it would find all of my speakers, it would never
find my currently installed microphones. I had to use a convoluted system
of default devices and Voicemeeter mixer software to get it to work. What
finally solved the problem permanently was when my 9 year old Windows 7
machine died, and I replaced it recently with a brand new machine with
Windows 10.

I'm not sure why that happens, but Windows versions below 10 seem to have a
major issue with enumeration of sound devices.

73,
Gwen, NG3P