Mike,

Yes, a bad Q24 could possibly cause that problem.  Q24 has the VALC signal
applied to it, and that signal is the result of the K2 firmware attempting
to control the power output.  The action of Q24 is to control the amount of
BFO signal that is injected into the transmit chain.

Try it again with the new Q24 and let us know if you still have a problem -
there could be an error in the RF Detector or the path for the VRFDET
signal.

73,
Don W3FPR