Hello K2 enthusiasts.

I’m installing the “Improving Temperature Stability of the Elecraft K2
Transceiver 11/15/2002 Rev. H” mod into my old radio. It’s going smoothly
except for confusion on my part about one of the capacitors.

The original C174 is to be removed, it is marked “331” which is 330 pF.

The replacement in the kit envelope is a “390” 39 pF cap. But the instructions
are confusing, because they say that the replacement should be 82 pF. And then,
according to the instructions, if that turns out to not be enough, you can add
more capacitance up to 200 pF at C174—or if desperate, add turns to the toroid
L33.

My guess is that somewhere along the line the number of turns on L33 was
changed to match a 39 pF cap, and the instructions fell behind. Does that make
sense? Or should I hunt down an 82 pF cap?

Thanks for your support!

Doug, W0UHU.