I was able to reproduce the bug Chris, N0UK, reported with tx inhibit
and CW sidetone on the KX3.

To be thorough, the FW as just installed by Elecraft, is uC 02.90
anddsp 01.52which is the latest.

I have cabling for the ACC2 port, as I use ring contact to PTT a
transverter and also to PTT a KXPA100.

Menus have had minimal configuration post service from elecraft, just
enough to setup for transverter operation in the 10 GHz contest.  Mode
is CW and VOX is on of course.

ACC2 Inhibit = Low.  I used a paddle on the KXPD paddle port (key 2).
Was able to get the stuck sidetone as you describe while sending dits
or sending dahs by.  (Key 2 left = dot.)  For kicks, changed to Key 2
= hand.  Found that if the key is released before inhibit is released,
the sidetone does not stick.  The value of inhibit when the key is
initially asserted is not buggy. Saw the same behavior with menu
setting inhibit high.

inhibit low
key - inhibit - inhibit release - key release --> sidetone stuck
key - inhibit - key release - inhibit release --> sidetone OK
inhibit - key - inhibit release - key release --> sidetone stuck
inhibit - key - key release - inhibit release --> sidetone OK

inhibit high
key - inhibit - inhibit release - key release --> sidetone stuck
key - inhibit - key release - inhibit release --> sidetone OK
inhibit - key - inhibit release - key release --> sidetone stuck
inhibit - key - key release - inhibit release --> sidetone OK

The behavior is a problem is in the firmware at the inhibit released event.

A thorough bug report would also include observations of the PTT
output and actual RF output.

Best regards,

Drew
n7da