I would like to see an Icom CI-V interface for the KPA500/KAT500
combination. This is built into the KPA1500 which is a combination
amp/tuner/antenna selector switch. The KPA1500 "speaks" Elecraft, Kenwood,
Yaesu, and Icom. The KPA500 can use Icom "band data" voltages but that
doesn't support the WARC bands. There is also no communication with the
KAT500 to tell it what band/antenna to use.

Yes, the KPA500/KAT500 combination switches perfectly to the proper band,
frequency, and antenna on *transmit *but does nothing on receive.  When
just listening it is necessary to manually press the ANT(tenna) button on
the KAT500 to select the proper antenna for the selected frequency (band)
on the Icom radio. If you are trying to scan memories that doesn't work at
all. Having the ability for the KAT500 to follow the receiver so it could
select the proper band/antenna would be very helpful.

Has anybody built such an interface or know of an existing commercial
device that will perform the above function?

73,

Ken
WA2LBI