I've been using the KPA/KAT500 Combo for a bit over a year, and while there
have been a couple issues with the KPA, the KAT has been fine for all this
time.  I operate various digital modes frequently (i.e.: FT8, JS8, Winlink,
etc.) so I often return to the same frequency on each band.

Today, running 50 watts in Winlink VARA HF mode, it had problems staying
matched on 80 meters.  It would try to rematch on each transmit cycle.

As a result, the cycles were incomplete and data transfer was erratic.

My question is, how many memory settings can it hold in memory, per band?
My antenna is fed with ladder line (yes, I have a balun, etc and it's been
fine for well over a year).  It's possible that the system will tune
slightly different now and then due to the ladderline blowing around (in
contact with tree leaves, let's say).  Am I using up so many memory slots
after this time that it is running out of space?

Thinking that might be a possibility, I reloaded a config from about 6
months back which would not have seen as many frequencies used.  I have also
experimented with the MTA commands.  At this point, it seems stable.

I've always been a bit confused by the "Teach it in Auto Mode, but Operate
in Manual Mode" suggestion I've heard from time to time.  As received, the
"Memory Recall Tune on QSY" defaults to ON for both modes.

I'd appreciate any insight from KAT users.

73

Lyn, W0LEN