Hi all. I just got my K2 in the mail this morning (hooray!) and I've been busily assembling. I did the control board and all checked out there. Now I've soldered most all of the front panel and I got to the resistance checks and ran into a problem.

Now when doing the resistance checks so far, when the manual says a range, things have been in that range. When the manual says ">50k" or ">1M", things have been fine. My meter reads something (usually about 4-6M). So I went through the resistance tests three times but I'm running into problems.

The first 40 test points (the pins on the LCD driver IC, U1) worked fine. Everything was as expected.

Then I got to the 20 tests on J1. The first 7 pins of J1 (measured at the solder point) are all "OL" which is my meters way of telling me that the probes aren't connected. In other words, infinite resistance.

Most of the rest of J1 works. Pin 8 measures zero, pin 10 measures 4.4M (should be >50k), pin 12 and 14 both work (6.6M), and everything 15 and above checks out too.

Pins 1-7, 9, and 11 all register as unconnected. I've even tried measuring from other pads that are connected by traces (for example, some of those connect to where the shaft encoder will go) but they still register unconnected.

Everything looks soldered well, I see no bridges, etc. I've build tons of kits, I'm quite confident in my skills. I just need to know what to check.

-- Michael Cook