I don't have an answer, I have no test gear that would even allow a look (other than another radio).  But I'm curious how you're measuring and observing (not doubting) these results.

Except for the reports seen on the air to validate your observations; if the radio change barely affects the results and the condition does not, it's either a failure of both radios or the testing environment (i.e. transmitting into the same antenna).

What happens with changes in power output, different (dummy) loads?  Then the eternal question; since this hasn't been noted before at your station; what else is different or has changed?  Have you tightened your antenna connectors lately?

HNY,
Rick NK7I