On 2021-01-04 8:38 AM, Louandzip via Elecraft wrote:

That would def be my preference. 20 years ago, everything was reflectors, but Elecraft is the only one I'm dealing with now. Much of the traffic is not really relevant to me and a well structured forum would make it much quicker and easier for the user to sort through, and easier to contribute to.

A competent e-mail program like Thunderbird or Outlook will take care
of all those issues, provide the advantages of a "forum", allow the
user to download the messages in bulk then work (read/respond) offline
(e.g. on an airplane, in areas where WiFi/LTE/5G are not available)
and upload responses in bulk when connectivity is available.

Competent e-mail software does wonders to maximize signal to noise
ratio - even with a "forum" - although it can't eliminate the
"Sent to all" generated flame wars that are unfortunately more common
with forum based groups than properly configured e-mail lists.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-04 8:38 AM, Louandzip via Elecraft wrote:
  >>> Just another reason why a forum makes so much more sense than pushing out
emails to everyone. Barry W2UP<<<
That would def be my preference.  20 years ago, everything was reflectors, but
Elecraft is the only one I'm dealing with now.  Much of the traffic is not
really relevant to me and a well structured forum would make it much quicker
and easier for the user to sort through, and easier to contribute to.
I had been out of the loop for quite a few years and now getting back into it,
dusting off my K1 and K2,  and looking at new rigs, I was disappointed to find
Elecraft still using a reflector.
For me, Elecraft having a forum would "reflect" possessively on the company.
Lou W7HV