Certainly don't want to throw away power in wasted heat, but when I turn down
my 200W rig to 5W for QRP, it's still useful and that's 16 dB down.

With ant restrictions, I'm looking at building a small horizontal loop for 6m.
It'd be a little more than 4' in circumference, 16" dia,  and the capacitor
could be be two 4 cm diameter plates ~2mm apart. That should be reasonably easy
to make relatively efficent as there are not a lot of plates that need to be
connected with very low resistance.  I calculate ~85% with 1/2" copper.  Should
be good for 200W.  I'd orient it horizontally for horizontal polarization (weak
sigs) and local noise rejection.

I have a squalo made from a lawn chair, but technically that's not a small loop
and a little big to be stealth.

    On Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 3:58:09 PM MST, Alan Bloom <n...@sonic.net>