Hi Group:
OK... here's my mag loop story:
I have two AlexLoops.... and one is the original version that uses copper
tubing for the main loop.  I used that loop to make an RTTY QSO with a station
in Moldova.  I had set the loop up indoors (in my sunroom, which has a lot of
windows) and worked that station on 40 meters... running 3 or 4 watts.
OK, it was during a contest... the contact was quick, but acknowledged both
ways... so a Q is a Q.And, that was my best DX with that antenna.  The fact
that it was 40 meters, the loop's least efficient band, is amazing to me.  I
suspect that the other guy was using a much better antenna, and likely more
power.
73 de Ray    K2ULR    KX3 #211