I built two mag loops, one with an MFJ butterfly cap, and one with a
massive 60pf bread-slicer I found on Ebay--if my calculations are correct,
the monster should take a kw of power on 20m.  The MFJ capacitor is not
high quality, but it works over a wide range.  However, I much prefer my
AlexLoops for portability and ease of setup--they set up on a cheap photo
tripods with the heads removed.  My homebrew loops require guys because of
their size and weight.  The AlexLoop sets up in less than 60 seconds, as
shown here in a video I shot near a salt-water amplifier:

https://youtu.be/TVsm-Mpwj6c

73 Eric WD6DBM