Good Evening,

Conditions were pretty good on both bands.  A little less noise on 40 meters with a little more QSB than on 20 meters.  Winter weather prevailed across the Northern tier of states.  My snow depth depends on the snow line.  If it is low I can get feet of snow in a few days.  But, if it remains high enough, I will only get a few inches.  Deer at the bird feeder was in one report. I've seen squirrels climb on them but never deer.  However, corn fed deer goes well with carrots and potatoes.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

NO8V - John - MI

K6XK - Roy - IA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K2HYD - Ray - VA

AB9V - Mike - IN

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K6XK - Roy - IA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

KG7V - Marv - WA

W8OV - Dave - TX

I think February is a good month for studying seed catalogs.  The ground is too hard to till but you can begin making plans.  I will try more root crops this year since they grow better than leaf crops at this elevation.

   Until next week 73,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

-

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”  -- George Orwell