Kurt -

300 wpm is so far beyond any speed I am aware of a human copying that I
never gave that issue any thought... and few folks I know can send good CW
above 40 ish wpm with a hand key, so I doubt if many folks have given that
any thought. I will be interested to see what answers you get...  and am
curious as to why you want to know? Just curious or do you have a need to
do that kind of speed with a hand key?

Dave - K9FN