To try to make sense of this experiment, I immediately assumed that Kurt wouldn't be using a hand key, but rather a device that interfaced to the radio through the KEY jack. Obviously an electronic switch could switch the key jack that fast, but I'm not sure about a relay.

The other question that occurs to me is, "How wide will the resulting signal be?"

73 Bill AE6JV