These dongles are mediocre, yes they are cheap, but they are virtually
useless for anything other than a door stop.

The lowest cost, but useful, SDR receiver is an SDRPLAY RSP1A. With the
free RSPUno software the RSP1A will track a K3 via Omnirig, clicking on a
signal on the RSPUno spectrum jumps the K3 to the frequency. You can
display DX Cluster spots on the spectrum too. Cost approx $120.

I use an RSPDX with a home made ferrite splitter on the RF IN/OUT on my K3,
details of the splitter are on my page at:
https://www.qsl.net/g4aon/elecraft_mods/

73 Dave
--
Sent from my iPhone SE