I have been wondering for some time- How will FT8 change ham radio equipment?
Right off I imagine a radio and computer in one box maybe with the display.
(FT8 should vastly simplify the first interface with the radio, with menus
reaching deeper into its control. Most of today's designs are not well enough
integrated and I think are hampered by preconceptions. Nor do they take
advantage of graphic user interfaces that are common in say cell phones.  I
think it could be one box with voice and touch control with keyboard and mouse
optional. How about an internal projector so that the screen can be projected
onto another surface making monitors optional? If it is going to be worth it,
It has to be not different but do things differently.
    Has anyone else had any thoughts?
      Doug K6JEY