One of my favorite radios was a Small Wonders Labs PSK20. This was a radio designed to only send and receive on the 20M PSK subband (14.070-14.074). Coupled with a computer to run PSK software it made a very effective travel radio, and I made many QSOs with it.

In the modern age, a KX2 is about the same size, but covers 80M-10M and is basically a HF HT. Many of the JS8Call people are using modern Raspberry Pis to run the software, and JS8Call uses the same encode/decode/modulation as FT8. (It allows rag chewing.)

For myself, I could probably change the frequency on my PSK20 to work on the 20M FT8 band, but it's not a high personal priority.

73 Bill AE6JV