On 3/13/2021 9:37 PM, Dave Cole wrote:
I had a hearing test many years ago, and asked to see the results. Turns out I had a null at some frequency I don't remember right now, but it was exactly where I had selected my sidetone to be...  My guess is because I heard less noise there...  Anyway--

I re-selected a new sidetone, lower in frequency, and on a small peak...  My CW speed for copy increased probably 10-15%.

One of the most common forms of hearing loss starts at the high frequencies and works its way down with age, but that's far from universal. When one or more notches develop at certain frequencies, it's often the result of noise exposure at work.

73, Jim K9YC