A number of people have asked what I am trying to do with the macros, so here
is a quick explanation.  In a normal day I'm switching between CW, digital and
sideband frequently.  CW is easy: VFO B is always set the way I want it for CW.

Digital and sideband have to share VFO A (too bad there isn’t a VFO C).  To
make the switching easier, I created two macros and assigned each to either PF1
or PF2.

Macro 4 (sideband): front panel mic input with bias, VOX off, compression at
15, receive bandwidth at 2.8 KHz.

Macro 5 (digital): line in, VOX on, compression at 0, bandwidth at 4 KHz and
USB.

If I’m on bands where USB is the norm for sideband then Macro 4 sets up
everything perectly.  However, for bands were LSB is the norm, I need to add a
press of ALT to get back to LSB.  That is why I’m looking for a command to set
the “right” mode for sideband based on the band.

Is there a way to do this that I just haven’t seen?  To bad there isn’t a MD
parameter for selecting the normal sideband mode for the current band.  Or
maybe there is?

Bob