Steve;

The KPA is getting info that indicates that the input band is invalid. This is
either coming from the radio’s BCD pins or from RF sampled by the KPA500. First
thing to make sure is that the pins in the AUX cable are contacting properly,
and are not bent and thus not plugging in properly. Check this on both cables,
all four connectors.

Did you get this indication without transmitting any RF? If you did get it from
an RF transmission, that would indicate that the sampled RF is outside the
acceptable range of the KPA. This range is from 1.6 to 26 MHz and from 28 to 54
MHz.

Let’s see what we can do to gt you going - I may ask for a fault log if your
checks don’t fix things so I can see exactly where the band problem is being
picked up.

73,
Jack, W6FB
Elecraft Engineering