Nope, this one I remember. It depends on what is plugged into the AUXIO
connector. If nothing, then the KPA will see the BAND signals all high and will
assume that no K3 is connected. If a K3S is connected (or K3 with KIO3B), but
off, then the same situation applies since the K3S will not pull the BAND
signals to Vcc in this case. In this situation, it will then act the same as if
RADIO is set to BCD and will change the band on its own in response to a band
button press.

If a K3 with the original KIO3 board is connected, then the KPA will behave
exactly as I described. in this case the KIO3 is pulling the BAND signals to
Vcc (0V) and thus indicating 60 meters (even though it is off). The KPA will
then believe the radio is active and will try to send the band info to the
radio, but will not see a band change. It will thus stay on 60 meters.

So, it depends on the radio, but my original analysis is actually correct.

73!
Jack, W6FB