The question is: If I sold off the K3+P3, what would I be missing
> with keeping just the KX3?

Significantly lower composite noise even with the original synthesizer
in the K3 (in addition to those items referenced by K9YC).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-22 4:57 PM, Phil Hystad via Elecraft wrote:
Looking for adviceā€¦

I am considering which of my two rigs to keep, the K3+P3 or the
KX3+PX3+KXPA100.  My K3 is serial number 3799 and it has not been upgraded with
the new hardware developed for the K3S and I have no interest in upgrading the
K3.

Sherwood engineering ranks (with its default ordering) the KX3 above the K3 but
as for me, those subtle differences in performance factors have never been
meaningful to me so that does not matter.

The question is:  If I sold off the K3+P3, what would I be missing with keeping
just the KX3?

73, phil, K7PEH

P.S. I almost put the K3 up for sale last year but covid changed my priorities.