Steven,

I use a KPA500 (and KAT500 tuner) with both an IC-7300 and an IC-7610. Both
have the transmit delay set for 15ms.
The amp is keyed directly from either rig using RCA/RCA cables from the
SEND jack to the amp's keying jack.
I do not use a keying line buffer between the amp and either rig. The amp
has a very low voltage/current keying circuit.
I also do not use the ALC line. Transmit power is set at about 21%.

The only other important cables are the coax from the radio to the amp and
from the amp to the tuner. I also have a cable
from the 7300 or 7610 tuner port to the KAT500.  Your LDG tuner probably
already has the cable.

I don't believe the LDG tuner can interrupt the keyng line to the mp the
way the KAT500 can. You will need to be careful to
put the amp in standby before initiating ay tuning operation so you do not
hot switch the amp or provide it with a very high SWR
or no antenna connection.

GL!

Ken
WA2LBI