On 6/17/2021 2:12 PM, Hank wrote:
I dislike my CM500’s. They are uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time.

That's a GREAT reason for not liking them. And comfort in headsets is a very individual thing -- all of us a built a bit differently. I had that experience when I tried on the very expensive aviation-style headsets which are being sold to hams, and which some guys find quite comfortable. And after a few years when I heard a local contester saying how comfy they were, I tried them on again at a hamfest, with the same result. :)

I do have RFI issues with them when running full power on HF SSB.

What makes you certain that either headset is related to the RFI issue? There are MANY mechanisms that can be the cause, especially failure to do proper bonding.

73, Jim K9YC