Well,
  I can think of one reason.  My Windows 10 laptop takes a full 18 minutes
to boot up from a cold start.  I've researched this "feature" and had it in
to 2 repair places and have been told that the only fix is a SSD for $$$.
  My old XP machine and even older DOS based machines are up and running in
less than 30 seconds.  Indeed they are ancient, and vulnerable to modern
threats, but with proper attention I have been able to avoid any issues.
  Certainly, a modern machine is required for some things, but my take is
that as we move forward with computer hardware/OSes, we are actually taking
a few steps back.
  BTW, if anyone out there has a solution to the 18 minute cold boot time,
I am all ears.
Bob  WB0POQ