Does a (long time) ham only have one radio?
Or one antenna?
Only using one band?

No; we tend to be packrats (including my entire TS520 station stored away from
the 70’s).

Having only one is “a single point of failure” issue.   Redundancy is good and
repurposing helps.

I have several radios and computers.   Each radio serves a purpose, some are
back ups.   Others, like a couple computers, are placed around to simply save
walking to access one lol, in handy places.

Each computer serves a purpose also; as needed.  Such as IRLP node, weather
data collection and collation, producing a web page to present it; critter cam
management with shared presentation and scanner streaming (since no one else
around here does that).  Each element carries a load, more gets done.

I have back up computers stored also in the event of failure (or someone in
need, I’ve given several away).

I like toys and I share well with others.

Windows is not the only OS, there are options available.   Some still work
really well on ‘old’ hardware.

And yes I have a fast multi core running at GHz speeds, with multiple fast
hi-Rez displays for critical things like station ops hi hi.

As well as a Pi, just to play with.  I said I like toys.

I have cameras too lol. More than one.  Those same ‘rules’ apply.

73,
Rick NK7I

Email spiel Czech corruptions happen