I have been adding several newish computers for ham radio to bring myself farther  into the 21st century. Lately Win 10 does not automatically install the FTDI adaptor. My latest computer as of about May 1st (brand new from Dell) did not load the driver when I plugged the FTDI adaptor in. I had to do it manually.  In the past it loaded all by itself.

Dave K1WHS