When I have cleaned boards with IPA or other cleaners, I apply the IPA only in a small spot with a q-tip and then blot it with a paper towel to help dry it - do not flood the board. I generally do not recommend cleaning boards, solder flux is non-conductive and will normally not cause a problem. I only clean when the solder flux residue is really nasty as might occur with Kester 44 solder. Use of a solder with a mildly reactive flux (Kester 385) will reduce the need for cleaning the board - there is almost no residue.

If you do choose to clean the board, make sure your cleaning work is complete.  While solder flux is non-conductive, the flux plus the cleaner may be conductive leading to resistive leakage paths. If you can see any white stuff on the board, you have not done a complete job.

73,
Don W3FPR