Thanks to the 2 people who replied. Thanks to Keith VE7KW who had R16 (100
Ohm) SMD resistor fail on his PS board in his KPA500. I had the same
problem here. R16 tested open. It does not appear to be cracked or burnt,
just a failure. R16 appears to be a resistor that feeds the voltage
multiplier circuit for the 270V line.

Bottom line is my KPA500 is back in service.

Bruce, WB6IZG