Richard,

The two horizontal bars in the SWR display indicate that the KAT3 is not installed, go to the menu and activate it.

As for plugging in the speaker, hold the top cover in a tilted position and route the wire under the horizontal bar in the center, then onto the speaker plug on the vertical board near the left rear corner.  You should see the male header easily.

If you have a saved configuration file, load it, and I think your K3 will come back to life.

73,
Don W3FPR