Ian,

Elecraft has had a 'rash' of those incidents, but I thought they addressed that with the mic vendor (yes, Elecraft does not stock parts for the mic, they buy them whole from the vendor).

There was some speculation a few months ago about the cause -- and I don't know the answer.  Many thought the vendor may have overtightened the screws, or there was a bad batch of plastic.

The MH4 does not have that problem as far as I know, and it is the same case style.

I hope you hear something from Elecraft soon, but Labor Day holiday is Monday, so send another email to supp...@elecraft.com as soon as possible today - I know it is late in the day for you.

73,
Don W3FPR