My K3S died a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found the power supply problem yet - difficult tracing as I don't have the board trace layout so finding components off the schematic isn't easy, LOL.

On a lighter not, I replaced it as the shack rig with my KX2 and I've been having a blast trying (and sometimes succeeding) to work the Galapagos DXpedition HD8R.

With the ARRL Sweepstakes contest on this weekend, HD8R has been concentrating on the WARC bands and so far I've worked them on 20, 15 and 12 meters (12 just a few minutes ago, using my Tri-Band Cushcraft A3S beam as the antenna. Got 'em on the 2nd call much to my surprise. The KX2's internal ATU had no problem matching the beam on 24.894 (1.0:1) and signals have been pretty decent on 12.

Ant loads on 17 meters too but signals are up and down on 18.074. Fun to keep trying though and the KX2 is running great at 10 watts on a 5 AH battery.

Jim, W0EB