Snowy,

I am glad to hear that it is now working for you.  It sounds like you had a soldering problem somewhere. A surplus of solder usually means that the lead and solder pad were not heated sufficiently. If you have other areas where you find excess solder, just reheat and if necessary, wick away the excess - you may have a fully functional K2 sooner than you think.

It sounds as though some (or perhaps all) of the K2 A to B mods were installed in an attempt to get it working. Which of the group of mods is installed is important to keeping track of the level of the K2. You may want to download the K2ATOB instructions and all the other mod instructions to do a physical check of the installed components.  Knowing the level of mods installed is important when chasing problems.  Make a log of the A to B mods installed for future reference.  The  level of the IF crystals  on the RF board and the KSB2 option is also important to having a good filter response - those crystals should be marked with a "-S" suffix.K2s above SN 2560 have the new crystals.

If the wiring mod for the sidetone source with firmware 2.04 has not been installed, do it.  It is required for the KIO2 or the KPA100 (see the instructions for those options) .  If you have MCU 2.04r firmware it is mandatory  - you will not have sidetone without it.  If your firmware is 2.04P or earlier set the menu sidetone to U4-8.

73 - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Don W3FPR