I was using the Coghlan’s laundy reels, but it took a long time to wind up the
wire, they would bind (not smooth turning), and would pop open when dropped.

Now I use the Midi Winders from SOTAbeams. Wind the wire on in a figue-8, no
kinks and quck to get on and off. SOTAbeams makes three sizes. The Midi Winders
are the same length as my KX3.

https://www.sotabeams.co.uk/midi-winders/

wunder
K6WRU