Sounds like a slow-scan TV program, but it's not. You upload the picture to
a server, then send the URL over the air for the other person to click on.
It has been around for a while, and there were claims it violated the
"pecuniary interest" clause in the regulations, but the hams don't get
money for it, so I don't think that's strictly so. I don't see any reason
why you couldn't use it, but I think it's more fun to use actual Slow-Scan
TV programs.

You can get MMSSTV, a venerable and last I heard, functional program.
https://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php for free.

You can also get an SSTV program that ARRL links to, called Yoniq, a new
version of MMSSTV, which is also free.
http://www.arrl.org/news/new-sstv-software-now-available

This is yet another Internet/Amateur Radio fusion thing. I probably
wouldn't use it, though I do use a ThumbDV to access DMR, DStar, and Fusion
via my home computer and network. So I can't say anything bad about it
without hanging the "hypocrite" sign around my neck. hi hi

73,
Gwen, NG3P